The Dreams of A Man

"The most dangerous man in the world is the man with nothing to loose. You don't need ten or twenty such men to change the world. One will do."
-The Honorable Elijah Muhammad
This month marks one years since a major turning point in my life. The point when all my contacts in the entertainment industry dried up and I was left with nothing and little direction. After frantically calling every contact I had, I felt the time had come to make a choice and choose my path. Is there ever a time when it's too late to dream? Is there ever a dream that seems to far out of reach?
The answer of these questions might be different for everyone, but I believe it's never too late to dream. I chose to follow a dream that I'd put off for way too long but no longer. I decided to walk the path of a social entrepreneur and change the world, or at least my little corner of the world. Although it can never be said that my timing isn't great, I still believe that this is my time and I'm not running away from the challenge.
Choosing the worst possible time to do this with the economy failing, I took the label of "social entrepreneur" to heart. I've struggled to find work since this reinvention began, having to take a job that put me in more debt then anything else. I have attempted and failed many times to save and go back to school and it feels as if I've gotten nowhere. I've written eassys for scholarships and tried to study for the GMAT on my own, but I'm thankful that I'm able to stay in Los Angeles where I'm able to reach many communities. With all the ups and downs, hits and misses, ins and outs of reinventing myself I've learned that the struggle of life never ends, but rather changes forms as we age.
Like so many other people, I voted for Barack Obama with much joy. But unlike so many people, I'm never upset or disappointed when he enacts a policy I don't agree with. I voted for him because I believe in the idea of him. Not a black man being President, but rather someone who gave hope to millions of people that they should follow their heart and their dreams. I voted for him, because I AM him. I don't wait for him to change the world, instead I do it myself. This is the reason that I work with youth and strive to give others a chance to go to college. I believe that by doing these things I'll make the world a better place and hopefully get some good karma to make my goals come into view.
I'm hoping that with a new direction of my blog that I can reach even more people to spread the word and bring about the winds of change and hope. Hope comes from the people and not one man in Washington.

1 Response to "The Dreams of A Man"
“There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.”
I think it takes great courage to pursue your dreams...because for some reason, it is never an easy path. There are the external hurdles we face...and then there are the internal ones. But you are strong (you are unbreakable!). Keep on keeping on :)
Post a Comment