Mazhab Cinta (The Path of Love)

Posted on 2/27/2010 by Unbreakable Leo

Have you ever seen once of the really corny videos and for some reason you can't stop watching it? Maybe it's the lyrics, or maybe it's what's going on in the video. I believe in Islam and I consider myself a Sunni, Shi'a and a Sufi, whatever those terms actually mean. I like to read poetry by Rumi, Imam al-Ghazali and Imam al-Mawlud but I'm sure there is one person you've never heard of. His name is Shiekh Fattaah.

I'll give you the short version of this story. He is a Sufi teacher who writes the most beautiful poetry about The Beloved (Allah). He writes poetry in a number of languages including Indonesian, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Chinese, Spanish and English. But that's not the most interesting part. There is a musical group in Indonesia who use his poems as lyrics for their songs. Funny enough, no one in the group consisting of over 15 members is actually Indonesian. They are all Muslims from the many ethnic communities of America.

I'm not writing this post to print his words or give a voice to the group, named DEBU which means dust. But I am here to give you a song that always makes me smile. Maybe I should watch it more often these days.

I am not a person that likes nasheed songs so I don't consider this to be one. Maybe it is, but without the annoying high pitched voices of men. It's a little different, but check it out.

So without further delay, I give you....The Path of Love (Mazhab Cinta).



Shiekh Fattaah even makes a guess cameo at 2:24.

No Response to "Mazhab Cinta (The Path of Love)"