Nothing Says 'Thank You' Like Bean Pie

Posted on 8/23/2010 by Unbreakable Leo

After one month of fundraising for my Fellowship to the Middle East I've been humbled by the friends and strangers who have given from their own pockets to help me reach my goal. I still have a long way to go until I reach the magic number - so with the help of a friend I've come up with the perfect 'thank you' gift. Bean pie!

If you've never heard of bean pie then you're missing out on a treat that's more American than Apple Pie. What better way to say thanks then with a treat that no Ramadan iftar or movie night at home should be without. Starting today and until I reach my fundraising goal I'll be giving away small bean pies to everyone in the Greater Los Angeles area who donates $15 or more through the Chipin widget on my blog. KFPK has books, DVD's and movie tickets for $150 donations, but you can acquire this sweet treat that I make myself for donations to my Fellowship.

At the end of each week I'll gather all the names of people who've donated and find a way to deliver your pie using my trusty rickshaw service. This isn't a bake sale or fundraising with those chocolate bars that children and parents alike push for new band uniforms - this is the perfect gift from my kitchen to your stomach. Donate, enjoy and thanks again.

No Response to "Nothing Says 'Thank You' Like Bean Pie"